About Gotham’s Volleyball Training Program: Power
Want to improve your individual volleyball skills? Gotham Power is for you! These weekly, coached, 3 hour sessions are run on Mondays, Saturdays, and Sundays during the Spring and Fall seasons. The fee is $240 per season. There are tryouts at the beginning of each season to place players in each class:
Fall and Spring Seasons:
- Power A: Expert (Sat 10:00am – 1:00 PM at Rustin)
- Power B: Advanced (Sat 10:00am – 1:00 PM at Rustin)
- Power C: High Intermediate (Sun 5:00 – 8:00 PM at Rustin)
- Power D: Low Intermediate (Sun 5:00 – 8:00 PM at Rustin)
- Power E: Advanced Beginner (Sun 5:00 – 8:00 PM at Howe)
- PowerPlay: Division Play and Fundamentals for those new to Gotham and Volleyball (Sun 2:00 – 5:00 PM at Howe)
- Power W: Woman’s Power (Tuesday 7:30 – 10:30 PM at Howe)
- Team Power: BB, B1 and B2 (Mon 7:30 – 10:30 PM at Rustin and Howe)
Information on the location of our Power classes can be found here under “Where to go.”
See our Tryouts page for more details.
Do you have a team that you regularly enter in volleyball tournaments or other leagues? Learn how to play better as a team. The Fall and Spring season of this program are each 12 classes scheduled around NAGVA (North American Gay Volleyball Association) tournaments to improve volleyball play as a team in tournaments. It can also help teams that play together in other local leagues, like Urban and Big City, at an intermediate or advanced level. (Currently, there is no beginner level for Team Power.)
The program costs $1,400 per team per season (12 weeks). Classes are held on Monday nights from 7:30 PM until 10:30 PM. Classes are based on the NAGVA Rating System, so teams are divided into a BB (Advanced), a B1 (High Intermediate) and a B2 (Low Intermediate) class. There is a limit of 4 teams for each class. For your $1,400, your team gets more play time than you would from playing as a team in any other adult amateur league in New York City, plus you get great instruction from Gotham’s expert coaches!
Important note for the SPRING 2017 Season: If you have a team interested in joining Team Power and did not participate in the Fall, please e-mail [email protected] for more information and do not register your team unless told to do so.
Team Captains: Log-on to your Gotham account and you will see a Team Power registration button. Follow that process to register your team, then have your teammates log-on and add themselves to your team.