How to Register
(1) Log into the website by entering your user name and password on the upper right hand corner of the site. Returning members, use the same log in from last season. New members need to create an account by clicking “SIGN UP” in the upper right hand corner of this screen.
(2) Once you log in, you will be taken to the “My Account” Page. If not, click on the “Account” link where the log in box used to be, on the upper right hand corner of the website. Once on the “My Account” page, you will see a section that says “My Current Tryouts.” In that section of the page you will find a button that says “Register Now.” Click on the “Register Now” button.
(3) That will take you into our registration system. The first page is all information, scroll down to the bottom and click on the continue button and fill out the next few forms.
(4) Once you have filled out all the forms, and completed the registration process, you will get an e-mail to confirm your registration. You will also be given tryout number(s). Write those down and bring your confirmation e-mail with you to tryouts.
If you have any questions, click on Read More to see the Frequently Asked Questions, e-mail [email protected]., message us on Facebook (@GothamVolleyball) or Twitter (@gothamvb).
Click “read more” for answers to Frequently Asked Questions!
Hope you are having a great summer! We’re really excited for our upcoming Fall 2016 season, with all of our traditional Division Play, Power, and other offerings! Registration is now open, so please register now! Here’s the schedule for tryouts and tryout-related Fall events:
Division Play Tryouts:
- Saturday, August 27: Divisions 1, 2, 3
- Sunday, August 28: Divisions 4, 5, 6
- Saturday, September 10: Divisions 7, 8
- Sunday, September 11: Divisions 9, 10, PowerPlay
**If you are new to Gotham and not sure what division to try out for, please visit www.gothamvolleyball.org/gotham-levels/ for information on Gotham’s levels and if you are totally new to volleyball, check out our new PowerPlay division.**
- Sunday, September 18: Power A – E
- Tuesday, September 20: Power W
- Monday, September 26: Team Power
Tryouts will be held at the Bayard Rustin Educational Complex (351 W 18th Street). Division Play for Divisions 1-4 begins the week of September 5 and Divisions 5-10 begin Saturday, September 17. Individual Power classes begin the weekend of September 24.
Gotham members volunteering to coach teams in lower divisions is one of the things that helps make Gotham Volleyball great. Most teams that play on Saturdays, and some weekday teams, have a volunteer coach working with the team. Our volunteer coaches not only add a layer of skill development and a crucial pair of eyes that a captain needs, but also an important element of moral support. Coaches push a player to try harder and, when the player tries and fails, offer encouragement and support. Coaches are volunteers in Gotham, and the level of involvement with the team depends a lot on the preferences of the team captain. Once a coach is paired with a captain, the details of the role could be helping to create a line-up, devising and implementing pre-game drills and warm-ups, in-game coaching (calling time-outs and giving feedback to players), and possibly post-game encouragement. A coach should help players identify the skills needing focus and development. A coach should also be able to monitor team dynamics (before, during and, possibly even, after play) and take action to remedy situations that occur during a match. In many respects, the captain is the leader of the team; however, a good coach makes it possible for a captain to succeed.
If you are interested in signing up for the clinic or if you are interested in volunteering as a coach this Fall, please fill out the form using the link above. For those interested in coaching, we will make every effort to pair you with a team at the level of your interest. If you have any questions, e-mail [email protected].